Located in the heart of Lille's historical quarter, this venue offers a real architectural, environmental, social and political journey starting from life in 13th century Lille up until the 18th century.
Founded in 1237 by the countess Jeanne de Flandre within her own palace, the Notre-Dame hospital remains one of the last testimonies of the the counts of Flandres' activities in Lille.
The main courtyard's buildings present an overview of the art of building in Lille from the XV to the XVIII century and attest to the wealth of a charitable institution in the heart of Lille.
Majestic in the main courtyard, the unmissable XV century sick ward regularly hosts exhibitions, including contemporary art.
Capacity : 15 to 100 people
On the ground-floor, the visitor tiptoes into the privacy of a XVII century Flemish house.
In the kitchen, the visitor can admire the earthenware tiles inspired by Delft and appreciate the care and detail given to the carvings on the Flemish furniture in the refectory. During his tour, the visitor will contemplate paintings and objects of sacred art, jewelry and Lille pottery.